Friday, February 6, 2015

Cut Flower Bouquets

It's getting to that time of year when some men buy flowers for their sweethearts, but what if yours doesn't...or there is no sweet heart...and that's the way you want it, anyway.  There are a million reasons why, but have you ever asked yourself, "WHY DON'T I BUY FLOWERS FOR MYSELF?"

Years ago, I realized that my husband is a lovely, intelligent man, but he doesn't understand romance-or anything that doesn't have a forever shelf life and a lot of practicality. Obviously flowers "DO NOT COMPUTE."

One day when I was passing the fresh flower department at the local grocery store, I couldn't resist a small bunch of fresh daffodils, and I've never looked back.  Fresh flowers almost always decorate my tables, now.  It's a small pleasure that I do for myself.

In the summer most of my bouquets are from my own garden, but now in the dead of winter they are from the market.  I mean really,  "How can you resist?"
(Computer glitch...my picture, from my camera, downloaded from my computer.
Can't figure out why it downloaded the whole page from the picture file, but I can't get rid of it either...GRRRR!)
 Usually for less than $10.00 you can brighten up your table for a week or so and add a little bit of color to a otherwise white world.  (It's cheaper than a manicure, ladies-so don't wait for some guy and a special day.  Do something sweet for yourself today!)

PS:  It's one of my not so guilty pleasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment